Denver, CO, USA or Lisbon, Portugal
Job Type: Full Time
OptimumG engineers participate in series such as FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), European Le Mans Series (ELMS), IMSA, IndyCar, Supercars Australia, FIA Formula 2, and FIA World Rally Championship (WRC). We have helped several racing teams win championships and important races around the world in the series mentioned above, and many more.
- Pre-event preparation and reporting using data analysis and simulation
- Race and test attendance, performing data analysis, sensor/loom troubleshooting, etc.
- Helping race engineers with tire/race strategy
- Post-event reporting (e.g., driving, timing, and data reporting)
- Simulation work to improve vehicle performance through analysis of vehicle setup influence on handling
This position requires domestic and international travel. Tasks and responsibilities may vary according to projects. Flexibility to face different challenges is required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position in series such as IMSA, WEC, ELMS, Formula 2, etc.
- Proactive and capable of working with little guidance
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player and communicator
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours, including weekends, as required
- Excellent oral and written English communication
- Proficiency in data analysis software programs (e.g., Motec i2, WinDarab, PI, Race Studio Analysis, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition hardware (loom, data logger, sensors, etc.) and software
- Capable of using data processing and analysis as a decision-making tool
- Good understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application
- Ability to effectively communicate data findings to race engineers
- Ability to develop internal tools/software for data processing and analysis
- Extremely organized and systematic approach to on-track activities
- Data-driven mindset
- Good understanding of tires, suspension, aerodynamics—as well their interaction
- Experience with vehicle dynamics software
- Programming knowledge (Matlab, Python, VBA, etc.)
- Tire testing and modeling experience
- Laboratory test experience (e.g., K&C, post-rig, wind tunnel)
- Proficiency in one of the following languages would be an additional asset: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish
OptimumG also provides medical and life insurance as well as a retirement fund contribution.