Denver, CO, USA or Lisbon, Portugal
Job Type: Full Time
We help renowned companies achieve their goals with vehicle testing and simulation, and also optimize their vehicle’s performance. Our consulting services include laboratory testing, such as K&C, post-rig, and wind tunnel as well as on-track testing, such as standardized testing for vehicle performance objective and subjective evaluation.
We are looking for a talented simulation engineer who is willing to be challenged and use his unique skills in a variety of interesting consulting projects. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Vehicle simulation (vehicle dynamics, kinematics, tires, etc.) to evaluate and enhance performance
- Multi-body vehicle modeling and simulation
- Tire modeling
- Correlating vehicle models to actual vehicle testing data (K&C, post-rig, on-track, etc.) and fine tuning the models
- Traveling domestically and internationally to attend on-track and lab testing when necessary
- Writing reports with simulation/real test findings
- Supporting clients who are using our products or services
- Working closely with our software developers to enhance software capability by suggesting new features
Tasks and responsibilities may vary according to projects. Flexibility to face different challenges is required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of three years of experience in the area of vehicle dynamics simulation or similar field
- Proactive and capable of working with little guidance
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication
- Strong vehicle dynamics knowledge
- Experience with vehicle dynamics software (CarSim, IPG CarMaker, VI-Grade, etc.)
- Experience with multi-body modeling and simulation (MSC Adams, Dymola, etc.)
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, Python, etc.
- Good knowledge of tires and tire models
- Strong engineering and mathematics skills
- Practical experience with vehicle instrumentation and testing
- Laboratory testing experience (e.g., tire testing, K&C, post-rig, wind tunnel)
- Strong understanding of suspension, aerodynamics, and tires—as well as their interaction
- Experience with tire modeling from raw data
- Proficiency in one of the following languages would be an additional asset: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish
OptimumG also provides medical and life insurance as well as a retirement fund contribution.