Denver, CO, USA or Lisbon, Portugal
Job Type: Full Time
We help renowned companies achieve their goals with vehicle testing and simulation, and also optimize their vehicle’s performance. Our consulting services include laboratory testing, such as K&C, post-rig, and wind tunnel as well as on-track testing, such as standardized testing for vehicle performance objective and subjective evaluation.
- Proving ground vehicle testing: Planning, execution, and reporting
- Vehicle instrumentation and data analysis
- Vehicle laboratory testing (K&C, post-rig, etc.): Planning, execution, and reporting
- Tire testing and modeling: Planning, execution, and reporting
- Supporting clients who are using our products or services
- Documentation of projects
This position requires domestic and international travel to attend tests or visit clients as required. Tasks and responsibilities may vary according to projects. Flexibility to face different challenges is required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of three years of experience in a similar position
- Proactive and capable of working with little guidance
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Excellent oral and written English communication
- Strong vehicle dynamics knowledge
- Hands-on experience with sensor and loom installation, troubleshooting, calibration, data loggers, etc.
- Proficiency in data analysis software programs (e.g., Motec i2, WinDarab, PI, Race Studio Analysis, Dewesoft, etc.)
- Experience with on-track testing (standardized tests)
- Ability to develop internal tools/software for data processing and analysis
- Strong report writing skills (English)
- Data-driven mindset
- Laboratory test experience (e.g., K&C, post-rig, wind tunnel)
- Tire testing and modeling experience
- Strong understanding of suspension, aerodynamics, and tires—as well as their interaction
- Motorsports on-track experience
- Programming knowledge in Matlab, Simulink, Python, VBA, etc.
- Experience with vehicle dynamics software (CarSim, IPG CarMaker, VI-Grade, etc.)
- Experience and skills as a test driver
- Proficiency in one of the following languages would be an additional asset: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, or Spanish
OptimumG also provides medical and life insurance as well as a retirement fund contribution.